"Top quality, well worth the money. I will be buying more in the future to replace the rest of the home." -James
Moen 1225 Single Handle Cartridge OEM Shower Replacement Part
Expert Customer Support
Pro-Grade Shower Heads
Trusted by 90,000+ Customers
Free 2-Day Shipping
30-Day Return Policy
This is the OEM cartridge for Moen's Standard (Original) and Moentro valves. You'll generally need a new cartridge if you are experiencing any of the following:
- The shower is leaking from the Shower Head or Tub Spout when the water is off.
- The Shower handle leaks when the water is on.
- High resistance when attempting to rotate the handle.
- Inability to control temperature, often realized by the water temperature jumping from cold to hot, without any warm water in the middle.
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE A MOEN 1225 CARTRIDGE IN YOUR VALVE
The best way to identify if you have a Moen 1225 cartridge is to remove the shower handle and inspect the valve. The Moen 1225 cartridge has a distinct look, and would be hard to mistake for another part, especially if you have removed the cartridge already. Be sure to shut off your Main Water Supply before doing any work on the valve.
It is also important to NOT assume that just because it says Moen on the shower plate that it is a 1225 cartridge. There are several Moen Valves on the market, with distinct parts. You can differentiate between these valves by observing how the water turns on and how the temperature is controlled.
Moen's 1225 Valve turns on by pulling the handle out towards you. If your shower turns on by rotating the handle, this IS NOT the cartridge for you and you'll want to refer to the Moen 1222 Cartridge to repair your valve.
PRO TIP: WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 1200 AND THE 1225?
The 1200 is Moen's original Single Handle Brass Cartridge. In the 1980's, Moen updated to the 1225 and designed it so that a Moen 1225 could replace a Moen 1200 Cartridge. Furthermore, it's a best practice to replace your Moen 1200 Cartridge with a Moen 1225 Cartridge, as it has better performance - like a smoother handle feel and a lower propensity to stiffening up.
Moen 1225 Single Handle Cartridge OEM Shower Replacement Part Features:
- OEM replacement cartridge for the Moen Standard and Moentrol shower valve
- Moen's volume control cartridge regulates hot and cold water, plus the volume
- Turns on by pulling the handle out; turns off by pushing the handle in
- Not compatible with any other valves besides the Moen Standard and Moentrol shower valves
- Includes: 1225 cartridge, twisting cap (to loosen old cartridge), plumber's grease, installation instructions